Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Why 10cc's "I'm Not in Love" should have been a serious heartbreaking ballad instead of an anti-love song or a cliche


  1. 10cc would have taken a break from having a wacky sense of humor and started concentrating on that serious ballad, entitled, "I'm Not in Love".
  2. It should have had more serious meaning.
  3. The clever lyrics would have been converted into heartbreaking, argumentative lyrics.
  4. It should have had a clearer topic, called, the end of love and romance.
  5. Kathy Redfern's evil nonsensical middle spoken part should have been deleted.
  6. The negative line "be quiet" should have not been said in midsong.
  7. The false line, "big boys don't cry" should have not been repeated too often to make this song go off.

I made a comment on YouTube and said:
Kathy Redfern's middle part made no sense. Her middle part that made that song too long and too lengthy without cutting it short to make it more concise would have been deleted. It would have been left out. You cannot tell anybody to be quiet to ruin the song in the middle like that because it's very negative to me. You cannot assume that all big boys don't cry because it's a lie. Furthermore you cannot repeat Kathy's last line, "Big boys don't cry" to make that song go off just to cause that song to stall for no reason. No, you can't. You can't do that just to leave it in a mess like that.


Here are the heartbreaking, argumentative lyrics that would have made more sense:


I'm not in love
So don't forget it
It's just a silly phase I'm going through
And just because
I call you up
Don't get me wrong, don't think you've got it made
I'm not in love, no no, it's because..


I like to see you
But then again
That doesn't mean you mean that much to me
So if I call you
Don't make a fuss
Don't tell your friends about the two of us
I'm not in love, no no, it's because..


I keep your picture
Upon the wall
It hides a nasty stain that's lying there
So don't you ask me
To give it back
I know you know it doesn't mean that much to me
I'm not in love, no no, it's because..


Ooh you'll wait a long time for me
Ooh you'll wait a long time
Ooh you'll wait a long time for me
Ooh you'll wait a long time


I'm not in love
So don't forget it
It's just a silly phase I'm going through
And just because I call you up
Don't get me wrong, don't think you've got it made
I'm not in love
I'm not in love

No comments:

Post a Comment